Rules Regarding Employees During COVID-19 Lockdown.
labour law Regarding Employees During COVID-19 Lockdown. Sindh Government of Pakistan has clearly mentioned via a notification that no employee will be fire if he is affected by a coronavirus. serious action will be taken against the firm, shop.
NO EMPLOYEE OR WORKER AFFECTED BY LOCKDOWN CAN BE FIRED OR LAID OFF EMPLOYEES AND WORKERS TO BE PAID DUE SALARIES AND WAGES AS PER RULES.
- No.L-ll/21-3/2020/Corona:- In pursuance of the Order No. SO (J-l)/HD/8-1 (04)/2020/Corona, dated 14th April 2020 issued by Home Department, Government of Sindh and in the wake of the rapid increase in transmission of Coronavirus, different Commissioners/DeputyCommissioners of the Province of Sindh have announced lockdown in certain areas of their respective jurisdictions to control the spread of COVID- 1 9 on the recommendations of concerned District Health Officers, Health Department, Government of Sindh.
- The lockdown, as announced by different Commissioners/Deputy Commissioners in their respective jurisdictions, shall be deemed as a prescribed period in terms of clause (i) of Section-2 of the Sindh Covid-19 Emergency Relief Ordinance, 2020 (SindhOrdinance No-Ill of 2020) and Employees or Workers of Industrial, Commercial andShop Establishment, affected due to lockdown are entitled to the relief as envisaged under clause (b) Of Sub-Section(2) of Section-3 Of the Sindh Ordinance NO.III Of 2020, which is reproduced as under: “No employee or worker shall be laid off, terminated or removed and the employee shall be paid salary by the employer during the closure of an establishment as indicated in schedule-I.”
- Now, due to lockdown in certain areas, if any worker/labourer who is working in Industrial, Commercial and Shop Establishments, is affected and is unable to reach his/her workplace, shall not be declared as absentee but shall be considered as on duty and shall be entitled to his / her wages, accordingly.
- Hence, employers, as defined under Section-2(1 ) (i) of the Sindh Shops & CommercialEstablishment Act, 2015 (Xll of 2016) and authorized persons under Section-3 of Sindh Payment of Wages Act, 2015, are hereby advised not to deduct the salaries of those workers who are affected by lockdown in their respective areas and to pay the salaries for the prescribed period, as indicated in schedule-I of Sindh Ordinance-Ill of2020 to employees/workers, including permanent, contract, daily wages, probationary, temporary & piece-rated and also restrained to lay off, terminate or remove any employee during the prescribed period.
- According to Section 4 (1) Of the Said Ordinance, whoever contravenes the provision of Section 3, shall be punishable with on spot fine, which may extend up to Rs. 1 Million or seizure of movable or immovable property or both. Karachi dated the 20th of June 2020.
Nadra Jobs 2020 National Database and Registration Authority – Click here
how to find jobs near me NEPRA Jobs 2020 – Click here